header

Wednesday 30 October 2013

Review: Radical Skincare Hydrating Cleanser

I have incredibly dry skin. It plagues me all year long, but, as the days get colder, my skin seems to get more and more parched, and it's never long before it's in dire need of some TLC. This Autumn, that tender, loving care has come in the welcome form of Radical Skincare's Hydrating Cleanser. I'm always on the lookout for a cleanser that's soothing and hydrating, gentle enough for everyday use, whilst still effectively cleansing the skin, and this one definitely fits the bill.

Radical's ethos is to provide powerful and potent skincare, using a new technology called trylacel to deliver products that are antioxidant and anti-ageing. Now, I'm not going to pretend I know what trylacel technology is, but I will tell you that it works a treat!

The directions tell you to massage the cleanser into your face and neck, then rinse off with warm water. When you first put it on, it feels divine, almost like a moisturiser. It has the consistency of a lotion in the tube, but once massaged into the skin, I think it feels more like an oil, without being at all oily (riddle me that, eh!) I much prefer cleansers like this to things like micellar waters that you wipe on with a cotton pad. The action of physically washing your face is one that makes me feel a lot more fresh. 

I'll be honest, I can't really testify to how well it cleanses - worst cleanser review ever, I know - as I'm a double cleanse kinda gal, and this has always been the second cleanser in my routine. However, I can tell you how amazing it is for hydrating the skin, leaving it looking clearer and feeling softer. You don't get any of that horrible tightness that I often seem to get in between cleansing and moisturising. Also, my favourite factor, it smells incredible! Like chocolate oranges. Delicious! Apparently this is because orange is the smell that has been proven to make people happiest, and so Radical have decided that that's a good enough reason to whack it into their cleanser. I'm not sure how much truth there is in that, but hey, it makes me happy, so there you go! 

So, if you're looking for a heavy duty cleanser, then I have no idea whether this is for you or not (sorry!). But if you're in the market for a soothing, hydrating cleanse that leaves you smelling rather delectable, then the I'd highly recommend that you try the Radical Hydrating Cleanser. You can get it from SpaceNK or the Radical website for £30.

Have you tried the Radical Hydrating Cleanser? Or anything else in their range for that matter? What did you think? Let me know!

S.

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment